Information About Kickoff/Fieldday 2019-03-03
The 2019 Kickoff is very soon now. We've gathered some information you might need:
Saturday, March 9th, 2019. We've included an approximate timetable below, but expect unexpected delays and plan accordingly :)
- 14:00 Arrival. Say hello, get assigned a room if you need it.
- 14:30 We begin with a grand tour of the venue.
- 15:30 We sit down and talk about the teams for 2019, and the plans for 2019.
- 16:30 We split up in teams and work on 2019 tasks.
- 19:00 the formal part of the program is over, but you are welcome to stay longer.
- 20:00 Treat yourself to a lovely dinner prepared by the organisers.
What To Bring
- If you have a nice camera please bring it - we want to document the new venue with plenty of nice pictures.
- If you are spending the night you at least need to bring a sheet and sleeping bag, along with any other overnight neccesities you might have, like:
- Toothbrush and other toiletries
- Any medication
- Clean clothes
- Good ideas for BornHack 2019
Saturday evening at 20:00 we will eat a well-deserved dinner and celebrate a successful kickoff. The organisers will prepare pita breads with various stuffing, suitable for both omnivores, vegans and vegetarians.
Sunday morning from 10:00 we will have a lovely breakfeast and get ready to leave. The menu is freshbaked buns with bacon and eggs as well as various cereals with milk.
The venue has 50+ bunk beds as well as extra loose mattresses. We expect it to be more than enough for everyone. The beds are distributed in 5-6 rooms so expect to share a room with some fellow hackers. Remember to bring a sheet and sleeping bag!
Participation in the kickoff is free, including food and accomodation. We appreciate a small donation for the food if you can afford it, but mostly we are just thrilled that you are willing to spend your weekend planning BornHack.
We are bringing some leftover stuff from the bar, some which expires before BornHack 2019, so we need to get rid of it. Mostly mate, cocio, vodka, akvavit, sevablødda, and other liquid goodies. Card payment or bank transfer is possible. The vodka and akvavit are with the BornHack custom labels from 2018. Prices will be low!
We are very excited about the kickoff and we hope to see many people there. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask us through the usual methods :)